2014 Annual Conference
2014 Annual Conference
PCSI: Panama City Beach, Science and Investigation
April 24-27, 2014
Panama City Beach, FL
Mark your calendars and start making your travel plans! #FMSEA14 in Panama City Beach is on the books! See below for more information. Please direct all questions to 2014 @ fmsea.org.
Forms and Documents
- Conference Program [PDF]. Complete conference program with final schedule, session descriptions and more.
- Field Experiences [PDF]. Field experience questions contact 2014 @ fmsea.org.
- Call for Presenters Form. Proposal questions contact proposals @ fmsea.org.
- Exhibitors Registration. Use this link to submit an exhibitor form before you register. Exhibitor questions contact 2014 @ fmsea.org.
- Silent Auction Donation Form. Silent Auction questions contact auction @ fmsea.org.
We look forward to seeing you at our annual conference scheduled for April 24-27, 2014 in Panama City Beach. Our theme this year, CSI: Panama City Science and Investigation, will highlight Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) programs and curriculum, both in research and education. The conference will include learning about the FSU Underwater Crime Scene Investigation Program, local STEM initiatives and sharing successes by researchers and educators from around the state. These efforts are essential to preparing future scientists and educators for our ever-changing natural, academic and economic environments.
Friday’s half-day and full-day field excursions will provide opportunities to experience local marine research and education facilities and programs, snorkel, explore the beach, paddle board and other to ways “get your feet wet” while experiencing a sampling of what Florida’s Emerald Coast has to offer. On Friday evening, conference participants and local community members are invited to “have a drink and think” at the Science Cafe kick-off event at Gulf World Marine Park. Saturday brings a full day at Surfside Middle School, Panama City Beach with concurrent sessions, a keynote panel on STEM initiatives, exhibits and a research track that will showcase local researchers and their cutting-edge work. As the sun sets Saturday night, the conference program culminates with the FMSEA silent auction, banquet and evening keynote with Dr. Felicia Coleman. Dr. Coleman is Director of the Florida State University (FSU) Coastal and Marine Laboratory and a research faculty member in the FSU Department of Biological Science.
Save the Dates
- Registration begins February, 2014
- Friday, February 28 – FMSEA awards and scholarship applications due
- Friday, March 21 – Call for Presenters deadline, proposals due
- Monday, March 24
- Cutoff for FMSEA lodging rate at Paradise Palms
- Early registration rate ends for general membership – $155
- Early registration rate ends for lifetime membership – $130
- Thursday, April 24 – Onsite registration opens
- Friday, April 25 – Field studies, workshops and Science Café
- Saturday, April 26 – Concurrent sessions, keynotes and banquet
- Sunday, April 27 – FMSEA/FWC Aquatic Species Collection Workshop facilitators meeting, FMSEA board meeting
Days Inn, Panama City Beach
12818 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL
- $95 +tax/Thursday night
- $119 +tax/Friday and Saturday night
Paradise Palms, A Seaside Inn ***UNDER RENOVATION***
12907 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL
- $74 / Thursday night (4/24)
- $104 / Friday (4/25) and Saturday (4/25) night
SLEEP INN & SUITES (~2 miles from registration site)
9201 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL
- $99.00 + 11.5% tax (1 king, 1 queen or 2 doubles)
- Mention FMSEA for conference rate – Must book rooms by: 03/31/2014