Florida Marine Science Educators Association
Founded in 1968, FMSEA is a professional association of individuals and organizations devoted to the cause of marine education in Florida.
We are a regional chapter of the National Marine Educators Association (NMEA), an organization that brings together those interested in the study and enjoyment of the world of water, both fresh and salt.
Dive Into Marine Education
Be an active part of marine education in Florida. Join FMSEA today by completing a Membership Application. Send it along with your payment to our membership chair.
- Access to the FMSEA Listserv and discussions about lesson plans, activities, marine and aquatic content questions, resource sharing, job postings and event notices.
- Discounted membership dues for National Marine Education Association members.
- Annual Conference featuring information on marine research, classroom and field teaching activities and techniques, and interesting and informative field experiences.
- Regional outings to the diverse marine ecosystems of Florida.
- Scholarship and Awards programs for teachers and students through the Student Project Award Fund, Teacher Trust Fund, The John Beakley Marine Educator of the Year Award and the FMSEA Service Award.
- FMSEA/FWC Aquatic Species Collection Workshops
- Eligibility to hold elected or appointed office